***

.

IT GETS AROUND

Got any gossip? Tip off the Taxiwallah: alaintaxi@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Boredom, heat, Runescape and pre-historic AC

Yes, it's hot now. The ACs are humming away, blowing their slightly chilled dirty air into my home. My son finds it too hot to play outside so he's hiding in some virtual world called 'Runescape' where the temperature isn't so fierce. I'm in limbo waiting to hear from various people about our coming and going procedures and I have just found out that I can't get hold of our three years prize money until I've cleared the car loan....oh dear.

I also hate my landlord. Thanks to him we have pre historic air con units that really should be sitting in the zaballah. He won't replace them, instead he sends round men to do 'bodge jobs' so they run for a few more weeks. When I say run, I mean they switch on and blow slightly cooled air into the house while racking up an electricity bill the size of the GDP of a small developing nation because they are so damn inefficient and old.
















Photo Credit: The Al Ain Air Con Museum

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you pay the extra money so the boy could be a member and collect a cache of ammo etc?

Sometimes our AC smells like someone has peed in it. No one has been able to tell my why. I know TMI but see it could be worse...it could be warm pee smell that you are paying for!!

4/25/2007 07:11:00 pm  
Blogger * said...

YOU IS TAGGED HONEY!!
Alleviate your boredom summwat.

4/26/2007 09:17:00 am  
Blogger * said...

Ewwwwwww @ meghan!

4/26/2007 09:17:00 am  
Blogger Al Ain Taxi said...

Meg: I hate that 'damp' AC smell too. Maybe you and I have the same landlord!

Kaya: I've responded to your call!

4/26/2007 06:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home