***

.

IT GETS AROUND

Got any gossip? Tip off the Taxiwallah: alaintaxi@gmail.com

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stormy Night

If only I had been a little less tired last night when that big storm broke over Al Ain, I would've really enjoyed it. Instead, it woke me up and I watched it bleary eyed from my pillow. Can I have a replay?

I love thunder storms, especially ones during the daytime. The sky suddenly darkens, the birds start to sound funny, a wind builds up and you get your first flash of lightening followed by anticipated thunder rumbles.

It's great being caught out in one, having to run for shelter until it passes into the distance.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcus Aurelius said...

I remember one storm. When I was in Al-Ain I lived by the incense burner souk (is that white elephant still around? What are they doing with it?) and we had this nasty storm.

Friends down the road had electronics fried and we had lots of close thunderstrikes.

A buddy over by the Al-Ain Co-Op flyover did not know any storm was nearby.

3/21/2007 01:16:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I was away. Water streams thru our front door during a storm, and when I entered, the patterns of mud on the floor told me what I'd missed. I also picked up a soaked thru school book of my son's (still damp--this was Friday 23rd) off the floor. A friend later told me he found his car in water up almost to the tops of the tyres the next morning.

3/27/2007 02:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home