***

.

IT GETS AROUND

Got any gossip? Tip off the Taxiwallah: alaintaxi@gmail.com

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Zoo

It's been a few years since I've visited Al Ain Zoo. I guess it was the moment I was told why there was "maafi elephant". However, I've heard that it's improved in recent times so yesterday I decided to pay it a visit: It's fantastic!

Hats off to whoever has implemented this change for the better. The entrance fee is reasonable 10 dirhams for adults and 5 for children, more than it used to be but you can see the results of this extra money. The animals look happy, the visitors look happy and the African Exhibit is the star attraction, in my opinion. For a moment I thought I was on the African Savannah:
















Come and support your local zoo. It's a testimony to what can be done with money and a passion for wildlife.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mohammed UK said...

My brother in law is over with his family (3 kids) and we were brainstorming ideas for things to do. The zoo wasn't on the list (as I had heard some "not so good" reviews).

On this recommendation, I will suggest it to them. Beat's a trek to Sharjah zoo!

12/17/2006 03:21:00 pm  
Blogger nzm said...

Great to hear that it's been improved.

It was worth the old 2 dirham entry fee just to see the reptile house.

1/04/2007 02:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home