***

.

IT GETS AROUND

Got any gossip? Tip off the Taxiwallah: alaintaxi@gmail.com

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Scammed!

There's an SMS message doing the rounds that says if you forward it to 10 other people you will get 25 dirhams credit added to your balance:

"Congratulation! 2 day is anniversary of Etisalat. So forward this sms to 10 other people u will get free balance of AED 25/"

In a moment of stupidity I forwarded it on and realised, after an hour of no extra credit, that I'd been scammed. Sorry to the 10 people I forwarded it to, I hope you're not as stupid as me...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it was really stupid to believe that a company like Etisalat would ever give something for free. It would really surprise me if they did something in the favour for the customer. Of course we can hope......but...

12/16/2006 07:34:00 pm  
Blogger Mohammed UK said...

I received the message twice! Once from a phD in Computer Engineering, so he should've known better. My wife also got it from her DOCTOR! So you are not the only one.

We thought about it and realised that Etisalat would never use phrases like "2day" or "u will". There were grammatical errors in the message, too.

Did you contact your 10 friends as soon as you realised? Minimise the risk of proliferation?

We tend to accept/act on the message because we receive it from someone we know and trust.

12/17/2006 03:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home