***

.

IT GETS AROUND

Got any gossip? Tip off the Taxiwallah: alaintaxi@gmail.com

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nothings changed here

January is the month that many Al Ainites who work at the two big educational establishments get their first big holiday since the summer. This means Al Ain is dead(er) for about a fortnight.

With the new semester brings the return of these over-worked-underpaid senseis. So where did they go? Well, the poorest ones stayed in Al Ain with the highlight of the holiday being a trip up to the bright lights of Dubai, maybe a day on Jumeirah Beach Park. The slightly richer ones went to Oman, spending most of the holiday in their 4 wheel drive on a long straight road or in a tent on the Hajars. The ones with a bit more cash either went to India or Thailand. Finally, the moneyed ones or those so homesick they don't care went home to the UK and froze their little ***** off.

This weekend they all convened in the H&J with different stories to tell:

-Etihad Airways are flying Iberworld charter jets on their Abu Dhabi-Gatwick route at the moment and the experience is terrible...

-It was freezing in England and expensive but worth it

-I got Delhi Belly and was on a drip for three days

-Carrefour was really quiet and I managed to get one of the trolleys with red wheels that don't electricute you.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Brn said...

I always try to get one of the red-wheeled ones in the parking lot on my way in. Sometimes I even look for a parking place next to one that has been abandoned in the parking lot.

I remember when I first got here and I got shocked by a cart, I thought "what was that? Did this cart just shock me?" I didn't believe that it had really happened until it happened again. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this experience.

2/02/2006 02:13:00 pm  
Blogger Al Ain Taxi said...

The 'Carrefour elecricution post' is coming soon!..bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

2/02/2006 07:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has been going on forever.
Well, at least since /02, can't believe they haven't remedied it yet.

2/03/2006 02:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

2/03/2006 06:39:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and here i was thinking i had the jazz baby ..lol !

so this electrocution is common then????

2/05/2006 03:04:00 pm  
Blogger Al Ain Taxi said...

There was a trolley I was pushing the other day that would make a sparking noise every second. I held onto the plastic handle and was very careful that my hands didn't stray onto the metal. I also carefully avoided bumping into one with the mobile elecrocution device!

2/05/2006 03:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home