***

.

IT GETS AROUND

Got any gossip? Tip off the Taxiwallah: alaintaxi@gmail.com

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Skinflint's and Dieter's Guide To Al Ain Part 1

Ahh, Christmas and New Year are over. Now let's have a look at the bank account....

ARGGGHHHHHH!

Looks like the Taxi has overspent yet again this holiday season. What to do?


Now lets step on the scales....

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!

Looks like the Taxi has overate yet again this holiday season. What to do?

Here's my guide to losing weight and saving dirhams while staying sane. Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll be back with some idea of what to do. Any ideas you have would be appreciated in the comments section. Thank you.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger CG said...

Xenical

1/07/2006 06:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the overspending thing. I dont think most budgets are set up to take a beating like they do throughout the holiday season.
Unlike you, I dont even look at the bank balance until mid March. Just close my eyes , keep smiling and enjoy the little things in life since the big things are now out of my reach.
Obvious answer to the wieght/money problem is probably
don't buy food = save money = weight loss
Actually it probably equals death, but I am not great at math.

I look forward to Part 2 ...

1/07/2006 06:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xenical...good idea (duhh...I had to look it up)
And don't go telling me that darn mushy pea recipie is fattening cause I have taken a liking to it.

1/07/2006 09:16:00 pm  
Blogger Al Ain Taxi said...

Hi Pamela,

The mushy peas arent fattening, the fish and chips that go with them are. Shop bought mushies are full of sugar my recipe has no suger, you taste the sweetness of the peas, so good news there.

Hi CG,

How much does Xenical cost? I wonder if I can get it on my insurance...

1/07/2006 09:50:00 pm  
Blogger secretdubai said...

My plan has been "delayed" to take into account the New Year, mourning period, and then Eid ;)

1/08/2006 01:00:00 pm  
Blogger CG said...

apparently according to the official xenical website they give advise on how to word it so the insurance company does agree. I have not tried personally.....it should be fun,let me know how you get on...

1/08/2006 02:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home