***

.

IT GETS AROUND

Got any gossip? Tip off the Taxiwallah: alaintaxi@gmail.com

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Christmas...It's not the same...

It doesn't matter how you try to dress it up, Christmas in a Muslim country is not the same. I understand how Muslims feel in the UK when they celebrate Eid. OK, you can make your home as festive as possible but as soon as you step outside it's just another day

However, we will do our best to celebrate today despite the blinding sunshine and lack of snow.

Happy Christmas !

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger CG said...

Are you kidding? Christmas is everywhere, in your face. I don't know about Al Ain, I was there a few weeks ago and I have to admit that I did not see anything too christmassy around. Here in Dubai it is swamping us....ho ho ho....ghastly santas in every Choithrams.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
I am so so sick of it.

12/25/2005 06:34:00 pm  
Blogger Al Ain Taxi said...

Al Ain was/is very low key when it comes to Christmas. Our big Choithrams was the exception though with lots of cheesy 'royalty free' christmas music and the staff all wearing christmas hats. It is, however, the only place in Al Ain where you can reliably get your seasonal fare so I had to endure it...arggggh!

12/26/2005 09:12:00 am  
Blogger humblemuslimah said...

When I was in Abu Dhabi I got fed up seeing xmas it was right in your face in the hotels non stop carols , parties, xmas food etc in the malls the the filiopinos were dressed up as elves etc. In england just out right consumerism and not much else

12/28/2005 10:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Xmas without the stress and the crowds, without the incessant carols. Just a few little reminders here and there, nice sunny weather and a dinner with friends. Fantastic! I may come here for Xmas every year. BTW, Do you think the Emiratis left the National Day decorations up for us Westerners?

12/28/2005 11:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home